Saturday, November 06, 2010

TSA Fondling Women and Children?

I find this video really disturbing. I fly to matches several times a year, both internationally and domestically, and since I am traveling with firearms, it can get particularly troublesome.



Do we have a right to fly? No, of course not. The airlines can set whatever restrictions they want. You aren't forced to travel on their airline. You can choose a different form of transport, or choose not to travel.

I'm not sure which troubles me the most, though, the fact that high resolution pictures are being taken of travelers by TSA, the fact that passengers, particularly women and children who opt out of the nude photography are being fondled by the TSA agents, or by the fact that if I opt out of the nude photography on my next trip I may end up on one of their "Do not allow to fly" lists, identified as a gun carrying troublemaker.

To give credit where it's due, my contacts in the past with TSA concerning traveling by air with firearms has been positive. Those TSA folks, however, seem to be a different group entirely from the ones running the passenger "Screening" lines.

The whole thing reeks much more of unneeded government control rather than any logical attempt to increase air travel security.

 

2 Comments:

At Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:31:00 PM, Anonymous USCitizen said...

That is a most disturbing development. It is nothing short of government-mandated sexual assault.

And it has to be stopped!

I know cell-phones and cameras are not allowed in international customs / immigration areas - but I do not think they are prohibited from general boarding screening lines - yet.

The only ideas I have are to object loudly, get it on video and put real events into internet distribution.

Send copies to congress-members and call for a special investigations of TSA's charter and operations.

Letters, emails and perhaps a personal appointment to show them the video clip you posted my be effective as well.

Damn.

 
At Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, after hearing about the pat downs I'm pretty sure that employment applications at TSA are about to spike!

Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted