Saturday, December 01, 2007

Everyone Wants To Be Mr. Completely

Last night I got an email from Jerry the Geek (Cogito Ergo Geek) tipping me off that there was a person leaving anti-RKBA comments at the Seattle P-I newspaper using "Mr. Completely" as his commenter name. I highly doubt that this is just a coincidence.

I sent an email to Glenn Drosendahl, reader representative at the Seattle P-I newspaper regarding this situation.

Here's the email:

Hi Glenn,

In the comments to the article about the gun control meeting in Seattle, a commenter seems to have taken my pen name, "Mr. Completely" and has posted comments under that name. Since those comments have been the opposite of my position on the right to keep and bear arms, I find this disturbing.

I have been contacted by email asking if the comments were from me.

I registered on your site as the "REAL Mr. Completely" and left a comment that it was not me leaving those comments.

While I respect the commenter's right to post comments expressing his opinions, I would prefer he not impersonate me by using my blog name.

My blog of the same name "Mr. Completely" at

http://mrcompletely.blogspot.com or http://mrcompletely.com

has been active on the Internet since May of 2005 and currently has a readership of approximately 24,000 readers a month. In 2006 it was voted as the best Internet shooting sports blog of the year, winning five of seven categories.

I had considered submitting my blog to the P-I as a local Western Washington blog (I'm on S. Whidbey Island) but I decided not to do so as my pro shooting sports philosophy would probably be contrary to your current editorial policies, even though Mr. Completely is family orientated with no nudity or profanity.

I am looking forward to your response, and with your permission, posting your response on the Mr. Completely blog.

Thank you.

AKA Mr. Completely
##

BTW: "Mr. Completely" has been my nickname since 1966........


I suspect that Mr. Drosendahl may not work on the weekends, so I don't expect a response until Monday.

We'll see what he has to say, and I'll let you know the result when I hear from him........


..... The REAL Mr. Completely


2 Comments:

At Sunday, December 02, 2007 5:47:00 PM, Blogger Rivrdog said...

You've got it wrong, Mr. C: you don't refer to YOURSELF as the "REAL Mr. Completely", you refer to the imposter as the "FAKE Mr. Completely". Otherwise, you're letting him push YOU around, whereas you were there first, last and always.

Call a spade a spade, sir (you won't find THAT in the local dead tree media, either).

 
At Sunday, December 02, 2007 7:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read your post I had to go to the site to see what you were talking about. I started to refer to the BOGUS Mr. C as a clown but I don't want to insult the clown profession.

He may well be a life member of NRA but it is not the one we usually think of. His is No Rational Attributes.

I have a suggestion for some like the bogus and a few others that posted on the site. Get a sign that says "Anti-gun household, there are no weapons here!" and post it in the front yard. I venture to guess there wouldn't be many anti-gun types that would do it.

Oh, make sure the sign is lighted so that it is visible after dark too.

Damiphino

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted