Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Richard Thompson Videos

Here's something for you Richard Thompson fans. Somewhere I've got a copy of the original recording of this song, done by Bull Moose Jackson, I think. Check out the guitar work......

Please Don't Roll Those Bloodshot Eyes at me


Richard Thompson played an outdoor concert in Seattle in 1990. I got there really early and got a spot in the very front about five feet from the stage. I suspect the back of my head is in some of the video. This song is just a fun piece that lets Richard play a lot of guitar. Amazing.......

Two Left Feet


Even though it sounds like there is another guitar and possibly a bass, this is Richard solo. I don't think I've ever heard anyone get so much music out of only one guitar, although Stanley Jordan comes to mind.

Update: There are several versions of Black Lightning by Richard Thompson on YouTube, but this is one of my favorites. The guitar work is more intricate on some of the other versions, but this version allows you to clearly hear the words and understand the story of the song.

Check out 1952 Vincent Black Lightning.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 8:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent guitar work! Thanks. I'll have to find some of his other stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted