Saturday, April 29, 2006

Boomershoot

If all had gone according to plan, KeeWee and I would be roaring down the highway in our opulent land yacht headed to Idaho for the Boomershoot Long Range Rifle & Exploding Targets Festival.

Since I'm sitting here at the keyboard, I guess it's pretty obvious we didn't make it. It was not for lack of trying, however, but like most plans that never get completed, the same usual factors, time and money, played a big part in the decision not to go.

I had the loan of a Remington 40-X rifle in 6mm. Remington, but it needed a different scope for the longer range shooting. I bought a new scope for it, but I ran out of time, and it is yet to be mounted and zero'ed. I have the portable shooting bench project underway, but not completed.

Although I've fired a round or two through a rifle in years past, I am more or less a novice when it comes to long distance bench rest rifle shooting, and I had hoped to get in at least a couple of range sessions to bet clued in, at least a little bit, before showing up at Boomershoot.

In short, I'm just not ready for an event like Boomershoot, and for that reason, I decided to not make the trek to Idaho, at least this year.

I've got lots of time, however, to get my act together for next year, and that's the plan......

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 29, 2006 9:41:00 PM, Blogger Rivrdog said...

Put that rifle together on a more urgent schedule, Mr. C. There's a possibility that a socially-cataclysmic event will occur before next year's Boomershoot, and the 700-yard rifle might be handy to have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted