Saturday, January 14, 2006

Back from the Range

Hi Point 9mm. Carbine with Tasco Red Dot Sight


10 rounds with the Hi Point 9mm. Carbine at 15 yards



Boy am I glad Ken called and invited me over the the Holmes Harbor Rod and Gun Club range for a little shooting. It was just what I needed to remind me that when you stop practicing, your shooting deteriorates rapidly. REALLY deteriorates. As in SUCKS! You will notice that I haven't posted any .22 caliber targets. Just as well....

I've now heard the wake-up call, and I need to get back into regular shooting, since there's only a month until the matches start up again for the season.

The only highlight was the Hi Point 9mm. carbine. As I get more rounds through it, it's shooting better and better. The trigger, although it has a fairly long travel, it's getting smoother and more predictable. I've got a fairly inexpensive Tasco red dot sight on it, and it seems just about right.

The more I shoot the Hi Point, the more fun it seems to get! Almost no recoil, not a single jam or mis-feed, economical both to buy and to feed, and it's one of those EEEVIL black rifles, which makes it all the more cool!

For a short barreled 9mm., it's also not too bad for accuracy, considering what it is, and what it's intended to do.

The above target is a 1/2" bull, and that's ten rounds, all through the same ragged hole, 3 or 4 seconds between shots.

Sure glad I was hitting the target with the Hi Point, most everything else was embarassing.............

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 15, 2006 1:00:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

I would expect it to be respectable at 50 yards. I shot it once in a postal match at 50, and did OK. Next time I get out to the range with it I'll hang a target at 50 and see what it can do.

.....Mr. C.

 
At Friday, January 20, 2006 8:49:00 PM, Blogger Gun Trash said...

We've got two of the 9mm and really enjoy shooting 'em. I just wish they had an aftermarket magazine bigger than the 10 rd one.

We picked up 1000 rds of that Russian Bear ammo from AIM Surplus the last time we were up Middletown, Ohio way and I believe it was something like 9 cents a round. So it's a fun gun and can be fairly cheap shooting if you shop around for the ammo.

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 8:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got the new aftermarket stock from Advanced Technologies for my 9mm carbine and it's fantastic. I loved that gun before but now it's complete. I never cared if my buddies laughed at it before, since I enjoyed shooting it.But no one laughs now. It's amazing what that stock has done not only for the aesthetics, but the balance of the gun as well. Several other accessories are due out for it soon. including some tactical rails. Can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted