Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yet Another Update.....

I'm feeling quite a bit better, but having lost almost 18 lbs in one week, combined with the fever, dehydration, and other fun stuff, I'm still really weak and worn out. I can work for a few hours at least, but then I've got to rest or take a nap. I went in for a prostate biopsy today to determine if I've got cancer or not, but they say everything so far points that way. I won't have any results until next Tuesday. KeeWee was able to book a last minute flight to New Zealand to go see her family. She's leaving this Saturday, and coming back Christmas day. I really felt bad that she had to delay her trip home, but now she'll get to go after all, and was able to get the same price as before.

I talked to the sheet rock guy about putting up the ceiling in the expanded machine shop, and he may be able to do that for me by the weekend. I may have to give him my main air compressor to pay for the job, but I do have a smaller compressor I can get by with for now. The local recycling center has free part cans of paint, so I can probably pick up a few gallons and mix them together to paint the walls and ceiling. Then I can finish up wiring the 220v circuits and we should be ready to power up the new mill. Then, all I have to do is figure out how to program it, and then write the code to make some parts! Hopefully, some of those parts will sell........

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, though I know the prostate thing sucks. Hope it's not cancer and just an enlarged prostate which can be fixed without cutting.
Cool about the shop, looking forward to doing business with you later on.
Keep us posted.
YeOldFurt
PS -- Love the oil.
YOF

 
At Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:57:00 AM, Anonymous Kevin Baker said...

Mike,

Sorry to hear about the possible cancer, but even if it is cancer, the medical technology has advanced a lot. My dad had prostate cancer, advanced, and had to have surgery. He's fine today. If they've caught it early, there are a lot more and better treatments than prostatectomy. You've got a lot of options.

Hoping for the best!

Kevin

(WV: hersn - I came over from KeeWee's. You're hersn.)

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the test results come back with good news. The whole household hopes you're feeling better soon.

LeAnne (wife to Sennin, mother to the Lovely Miss Elizabeth

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2011 12:05:00 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, our prayers for the best test results you can get!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:20:00 PM, Anonymous davidwhitewolf said...

Here's hoping for good results, and yes, take heart even if they're not good -- I've got a relative who survived prostate cancer just fine.

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2011 9:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Mike,
If there is any thing I can do, please let me know!
Tim Otway

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2011 1:59:00 PM, Blogger Home on the Range said...

I do hope the prognosis isn't what you fear. My Dad was diagnosed 10 years ago with prostate cancer and is still playing golf at 91.

Prayers will be headed your way, as needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted