Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Steel and Fast Draw at the Gun Blogger Rendezvous

The guys at CS Tactical put together a really well done video of the Steel Challenge and Cowboy Fast Draw sessions from this year's Gun Blogger Rendezvous.


Gun Blogger Rendezvous 2010 from CS Tactical on Vimeo.

Mike, from CS Tactical, knocked me out of the fast draw, but I shot some of my best times of the day, making him work for it! It came down to Mike having two wins and I had one, so I had to win the next run against him to stay in the competition. I shot a .739, which for me is about as fast as I go, but Mike shot .736, and I was done for the day. That decisive round is on the video. Mike went on to win the match overall with some very good shooting. After the match the timer operator commented that for a bunch of folks that don't shoot Cowboy Fast Draw we had a pretty fast group!

"Next year, Mike, I'll be a gunnin' for ya!!"

Thanks to Mike and "Mase" from CS Tactical for putting together the video, and to The Western Nevada Pistol League folks for making the steel shooting possible this year, and to Quick Cal and the Sage Hills Reno Rustlers for putting on the Cowboy Fast Draw match for us.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:20:00 PM, Blogger Mason@CST said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:22:00 PM, Blogger Mason@CST said...

Glad you guys liked the video. Mike nor I had ever done Cowboy Fast Draw and never probably would have if we didn't go to GBR.

I also found "Quick Cal" on History Channel on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjivICoq-BA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted