Friday, March 30, 2007

CWSA Steel Challenge Match Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the first Steel Challenge match of the year at the Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association. That is, unless it's raining heavily, then we'll have a falling plate match, but the weather forcast looks pretty good, so I'm betting on a Steel Challenge match. Being a glutton for punishment, I've decided to enter four classes, Rimfire Open, Rimfire Limited, Revolver, and Centerfire Open. That ought to make a full day of it!

According to what I've heard, the Custer Sportsman's range is under about eight inches of water, so they have cancelled their shoots for a while. That means that a bunch of them are likely to show up tomorrow for our steel match. If that's the case, we should have a big turnout, and it could be a long day.

I don't usually do all that well at steel challenge matches, but the best way to improve is by doing it, so we'll see if this helps any!

I'd kinda like to go shoot in the World Steel Challenge Championship in California in August, but I would like to be shooting well enough that at least I'm not dead last. Next to last, that'd be OK, but I hate being absolutely last......

Anyhow, off to bed, as I've got a whole lot of brass to empty tomorrow!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted