Thursday, May 04, 2006

Boomershoot

Congratulations to Joe Huffman for putting on another successful Boomershoot rifle festival, complete with exploding targets!

I had been planning to give it a try, but time and finances conspired to kill my plans. Working full time, and shooting either one or two matches every weekend doesn't leave a lot of spare time.

I had gotten as far as borrowing an appropriate rifle, buying a scope for it, tracking down some ammunition, and starting to put together a portable shooting bench. I had done some work to the RV, and had it more or less ready to go, at least as far as important stuff goes.

That's about where time ran out, and I realised it just wasn't going to happen, at least not this year. I didn't want to show up with a lash-up for equipment and a rifle that hadn't even been sighted in.

I learned a long time ago that if you don't have everything ready to go before you show up, it often turns into a long and frustrating day as Murphy usually shows up, and brings all of his friends, too.

We'll see how it goes for next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted