Friday, August 26, 2005

A late entry for the "Flyswatter" Match.....ahem!

CCI Shotshells..........

Got an email from GunGeek, and decided to post all of it:

Due to computer problems, I didn't get my fly target scanned in and
sent in to you. When I went to scan something else last night, I
found the target still sitting patiently in the scanner waiting for
the bright light to roll across it.

So, even though it's WAAAY past the deadline, I just had to send it
anyway because it such a classic.

You see, you didn't specify what type of ammo one had to use for
this competition. So, being the kind of person that looks at it
from a very practical standpoint (okay, I like to bend the rules
for fun), and realizing that these were supposed to be flies we
were shooting at, I chose the classic CCI 22LR shotshells.

As you can tell from the image, I quite easily shot every single
fly on the paper. I'm guessing I had them all somewhere around
shot number 4 or so. I took the liberty of pulling the target
back in after my first shot and circled all the flies that I had
hit with my first shot. You see, I was reminded of the old riddle
"If there are 10 crows on a telephone line and you shoot one, how
many are left?". The answer, of course, is zero. When you shoot
the first one, the others will all leave. It's the same with a
batch of flies sitting on a piece of paper. Therefore, since I'm
the only one that actually hit FIVE flies with my first shot, I
scored the highest realistic score. Oh, I suppose the other guys
could have sat there all day waiting for flies to come back, but
that wouldn't be much fun or help my case, now would it?

Thanks for the contest. I had a ton of fun seeing how well my
new little Beretta Neos did shooting the shotshells. FWIW, it
didn't feed or eject/cycle them very well. If I hadn't used up
all my 45 shotshells, I would have sent in a target from the
S&W 4516. It cycles them flawlessly.

Keep up the good work.

GunGeek

You gotta love it! At the least he deserves an Honorable Mention!!

3 Comments:

At Friday, August 26, 2005 8:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honorable Mention???? I say you award him the first place certificate simultaneously with changing the rules to state that HE has to double any regulation distances in any further contests AND he must use ammunition from not less than four manufacturers for any single course of fire. I had another idea bout "over the shoulder using a mirror" but many range safety officers decide to draw the line thereabouts...

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 9:05:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Mostly_Cajun: I figure I'm lucky he didn't get it entered in time.

If I ever run that particular match again, He'll only get to count twenty holes, and I get to pick WHICH twenty......

By the way, I can't even SPELL Thibideaux, how do you pronounce it?

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2005 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thibodeaux, also commonly spelled Thibodaux and Thibodeau, is pronunced "tibby-dough". Boudreaux is pronounced "boo-dro".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted