Thursday, May 19, 2005

Range Report

Made a quick trip out to the CWSA range yesterday afternoon to punch holes in some targets for Neanderpundit's postal match that closes this weekend. Took out some stuff I haven't shot for a while. That's one of the greatest benefits of these postal matches. it gets you to drag out and dust of some of your shootin' irons you've been neglecting. (There I go again, wandering off the subject!) Anyhow the specified range/weapon types were centerfire handgun at 10 yards, and high power rifle at 50 yards. Both require iron sights.

I decided to use my nickel plated S&W Model 29 with a 5 1/2" barrel, chambered in 44 magnum. (A buddy refers to it as a pimp gun on steroids). In spite of the ammo cost when you use store-bought, there's still something really rewarding when you detonate one of those cartridges. It's even better if you can hit the target, but it's so much fun just to shoot it, who cares! Everyone should have one of these.

For the rifle match, the largest centerfire rifle I have with iron sights is my Winchester 94 in 30-30. I had also forgotten how sweet that it is to shoot, and at 50 yards, any inaccuracy is directly the fault of yours truly, not the gun. Unfortunately (?) some dummy left the targets at home for the rifle match, so I didn't get a chance to shoot the match targets. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to head back to the range on Friday. Did get it sighted in, however.

(Still haven't to get the picture posting thing with Picasa/Hello/bloggerwhazzit to work, so no pictures yet. It looks like it's sending them somewhere, but no idea where. Anybody got any good ideas? I might just have to host the pic's at my ISP and link to them there, if I can't get this other dingus to work.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted