Sunday, October 24, 2010

As usual, times seems to be flying by

As usual, times seems to be flying by, barely allowing time to just manage to get things done on time. I've been trying to get in some range time every day, as next Wednesday KeeWee and I leave for Prescott, Arizona, for the Arizona State Steel Challenge Championships to be held on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I've also got plans to get a media tour through the Ruger factory while we're in town. We will be actually shooting the match on Saturday, so we will get in a little sight-seeing on Thursday and on Sunday, before flying back home on Monday. Sadly, this is the last major match of the season, although there will be steel matches through the Winter. This year I am going to try and shoot as many of those as I can, even if the weather is lousy, so maybe by next Spring I will have improved, at least a little bit!

I've been watching the airfares to Holland for next year's European Steel Challenge Championships, and it's not looking too good, at least so far. Two years ago we got round trip tickets for a bit over $600 each. Last year it had gone up to over $1,100 per ticket, and so far it's been around $1,600 per ticket for next Spring. I wonder if yo can get an airline to sponsor a shooter? Like Delta, perhaps? Otherwise I need to either win the lottery or find a metric ton of frequent flier miles! I've been the only American at the European Championships the last two years, and it just doesn't seem right that we don't have some Americans over there. Time will tell, I guess....

I've also been working really hard trying to set up a new business, importing and distributing a European firearms related product. The product is good, but the amount of paperwork and hoops through which to jump is enough to discourage most folks early in the process. I hope I can get it to all fall into place, but again, time will tell.

That's the latest for now, but you never know what tomorrow may bring!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 03, 2010 5:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the airlines only sponsor terrorist shooters, so much for that sponsor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted