Monday, January 18, 2010

Mr. C. on Shooting USA

Last July when I was in Piru, California shooting in the Steel Challenge World Championships, a fellow with a cameraman in tow asked me if they could interview me for TV. I had just finished shooting the "Pendulum" stage, usually one of my better stages. This time, however, it didn't go as well as it could have done. It was my first stage of the day, and I was on a squad with some of the best shooters in the world, Jessie Abbate (set five world records), Kay Miculek, Billie Abbate, Tori Nonaka, Molly Smith (Pre-teen Ladies World Champion), and more. They were ALL so good that I think I got a bit rattled and tried to shoot a little to fast. Fortunately I settled down for the rest of the day.

Anyhow, back to the guys with the camera. It was John Scoutten of Shooting USA. We talked on camera a bit about Steel Challenge and my somewhat unusual High Standard rimfire race gun. They also shot some footage of me shooting a couple of the stages.

Jim didn't know when it might be on TV, but it would be a while. It turns out that they put together a segment on innovative steel challenge technology and I was included in that segment. It broadcast on December 30th., as part of a longer program that included kids shooting steel and the Scholastic Steel Challenge program. I contacted John and he said he'd send me a DVD so I could watch the program. I haven't seen it yet, so I hope I looked and sounded OK. When you are leaking adrenaline out your ears, as you usually are at a big match, it's sometimes hard to tell!!

Here's a link to the Shooting USA website where they talk about the December 30th. program. Part way down the page there's a picture of me shooting the unmistakable High Standard/Volquartsen race gun. Interestingly enough, it was probably one of the oldest pistols entered in the entire match, and it sports one of the newest and highest tech barrels out there!

When the program comes up again, and if I hear about it in time, I'll get a mention of it posted.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Manfred said...

That's great our internationaly known Mr C. has a picture on a shooting channel !

 
At Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the program on my DVR and thought you did a very good interview. There is a few moments of you shooting at one of the stages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted