Saturday, December 06, 2008

Some Improvement

KeeWee has been doing a fantastic job of taking care of me, and finally I think there's been a bit of improvement. Going to a much better hospital probably had something to do with it. I'm about 25 pounds lighter, totally worn out and weak, and barely able to walk. That, however, is an improvement over two days ago. I can now get small amounts of food to stay down, which is good. I've got a drain tube coming out of my liver, draining a huge area almost the size of a bar of soap, which was the most recent problem. It's going to take a while to fully recover, but as long as there are no more setbacks, I'm hoping I'm finally on the mend.

Thanks so much to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and comments. Even though I'm still too weak to answer them all, they still mean a lot to hear from you. I hope to meet every one of you someday and thank you in person.

........Mr. C.

14 Comments:

At Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:04:00 PM, Blogger MauserMedic said...

Best wished for a swift recovery. Biliary drainage caths aren't very pleasant, but better than the alternative. It least it wasn't in the middle of the shooting season...

 
At Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:05:00 PM, Blogger MauserMedic said...

Note: I type better with less beers on board.

 
At Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay rested and get well soon!

 
At Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you can finally get to the keyboard - that is quite an improvement!!!

Speedy recovery from here on, OK?

Merle

 
At Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY

 
At Saturday, December 06, 2008 5:06:00 PM, Blogger David aka True Blue Sam said...

We are all breathing a sigh of relief. We are all very glad to hear you are now healing.

 
At Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:35:00 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Glad you're back.
Sorry I haven't been around much, but you are in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless, and GET WELL!!! :)

 
At Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:06:00 PM, Blogger Welshman said...

Mr. C,

You probably don't know me, but I have a blog called The Liberty Sphere, and I post a daily 'Second Amendment News Roundup.'

I have been keeping up with your woes, as well as your progress, and have encouraged readers to pray for your complete recovery.

I sincerly hope those prayers are paying off for you now.

Get well soon, and God bless.

D. Martyn Lloyd-Morgan
The Liberty Sphere

 
At Monday, December 08, 2008 10:50:00 AM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Good-grief!! You GET BETTER now ya hear?!

 
At Monday, December 08, 2008 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Ride Fast said...

Thank God & KeeWee! Hope your improvement continues and accelerates.

 
At Monday, December 08, 2008 2:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit stalling and get better already ;).

Seriously, though, here is hoping for a speedy recovery.

 
At Monday, December 08, 2008 6:27:00 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said...

Take it easy this winter... you've got lots of spring gunblogging on tap. Plus, I might have my classes arranged that I can actually attend the next GBR.

 
At Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope ya get better Mr.C,take it easy for now.

 
At Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:03:00 AM, Blogger James R. Rummel said...

Great news that you are on the road to recovery. We are all pulling for you.

James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted