Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mr. C's Condition Updates

Well, my condition is finally starting to show improvement. I've managed to recuperate back up to where I was a couple of weeks ago, just before the the latest downhill slide. I'm probably about the best I've been in the last five weeks, and showing a little improvement each day. I'm now eating regularly, and my weight has stopped dropping, in fact, I may have actually gained a pound or so! Many pounds to go, but at least it's moving in the right direction. I've greatly reduced my narcotic pain medication, and my mind is finally starting to shake off the narcotic "Brain-Fog". My temperature is running about normal, so most if not all of the infection is cleared up.

Sadly, while in the fever/narcotic phases I wrote a complete novel and several wonderful blog posts, all in my head. The novel would surely have been a best seller, and the blog posts were absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately I can remember only that I had written them, but no idea what they actually were.....

Just before all this medical stuff happened I had been working on some ideas for next year's Gun Blogger Rendezvous. I haven't got the details and confirmations worked out yet, but I promise you that GBR-IV is going to take it to a whole new level. All the good stuff from previous GBR's will still be there, but there will be several BIG new things added. As more details become available I'll be letting you all know. It's going to be in early October, probably the first or second weekend. Start making your plans now by at least putting it on your calendar. I'm not kidding, it's going to be big!

That's all the news for now, but if all goes well I should be blogging at least semi-regularly fairly soon..............

14 Comments:

At Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Don said...

Keep getting better and maybe you'll remember the novel . . . .

 
At Sunday, December 14, 2008 6:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the lost novel :)

I know well what those drugs can do to your brain (in my case it was hallucinations of an alien invasion)

Glad to hear you're headed in the right direction!

 
At Sunday, December 14, 2008 6:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Mr. C, did you get to watch the sun come up over Useless Bay from your deck like you did in the 60's? For those who don't know, Mr. C's deck looks West over Useless Bay which is down the hill and West of the Castle Completely.

Damiphino

 
At Sunday, December 14, 2008 7:17:00 PM, Blogger David aka True Blue Sam said...

When I am really sick I write poetry, which I keep safely hidden away most of the time. I am really glad to see you hitting the keyboard again.

 
At Monday, December 15, 2008 7:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are on the upswing!

 
At Monday, December 15, 2008 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Ride Fast said...

Happy to hear your better and continuing to improve. You take it easy, hear?

GBR-IV. Kind of amazing. You rock.

 
At Monday, December 15, 2008 2:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you have the excuse of illness and drug-induced stupors for that kind of thing. Happens to me every day, but that is just me being me :).

Good to hear you are getting better, and already plotting and planning!

 
At Monday, December 15, 2008 6:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Good to see you back on the BlogRool! Hope you mend quickly now that it's been taken care of.
LouG

 
At Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news at last !!!

Merle

 
At Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:26:00 AM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Glad to hear you're getting better!

 
At Saturday, December 20, 2008 5:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right! Glad to hear that you're improving.

Tokarev

 
At Saturday, December 20, 2008 5:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be well soon. In my thoughts and prayers as always.

 
At Sunday, December 21, 2008 6:31:00 PM, Blogger KurtP said...

Keep getting better.
You're in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At Monday, February 23, 2009 10:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting better. Reminds me of the time I had 3 full verses of, "an Attorney's lot is not an 'appy one", using the Pirates of Penzance tune, that I was singing as I drove around LA one day, but neglected to write down after I stopped driving.
Gone completely (no pun intended).
And I can't even blame illness or meds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted