Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Christmas Surprise

All of the snow of the last week has been delaying a lot of inbound Fedex and UPS shipments I've been waiting for, so when KeeWee hollered that there were a couple of boxes on the front porch, I assumed it was probably some of those shipments that had finally arrived. When I saw that the two boxes were from Wine Country Gift Baskets, I was really puzzled as to what the boxes might contain, since I hadn't ordered anything from them.



I dragged the boxes inside and opened them up. To my total surprise, there were two gift baskets full of goodies, one for KeeWee, and one for me. Keewee's was full of lotions, creams, and other things along those lines, and the basket addressed to me had cookies, chocolates, games, books, pretzels dipped in chocolate, and even more stuff I haven't even found yet!


Where could these have come from? Who had sent them? Rummaging around in the boxes I found two cards, one to KeeWee, and one to me.


The card for KeeWee said "Thanks for taking care of Mr. C." and was signed "The Gun Blogger Community". The card to me said "Get Well!" and was signed with the first names of several of the Gun Bloggers.

I hardly know what to say as just saying "Thank You!" doesn't seem to come close to covering it for me. The fact that you would go to this effort for KeeWee and I speaks volumes about just what a great bunch you all are. It really means a lot to us.

Thank You!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:00:00 PM, Blogger Sebastian said...

Glad you finally got it! We were worried it might have some difficulty getting there. Hope you're feeling good enough to eat some of that stuff!

 
At Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!

Good job guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted