Monday, October 17, 2005

October Rifle e-Postal Match

Here's the latest e-Postal rifle match. I apologise for not getting this up sooner, and I don't even have a really good/lame excuse!

AnalogKid at Random Nuclear Strikes is running this match, and I'm sure he's already getting hate-mail!

Here's his entire post:

The Black Death

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I present to you your targets for the month of October.

Project1a.jpg

Project1b.jpg

Yeah, you’re hating me already, right?

You can find them in the easier to print PDF form here (thanks to Mr. C for the conversion):
Target 1
Target 2

The targets are made to be printed out onto 8.5×11 inch paper and each square should measure close to, if not exactly, the number of inches listed in the center of each square.

The Task is simple: Put one round through each black square.

Here are the limitations:

You may shoot this at any distance, with any firearm you prefer, with or without optics. I will accept all entries, but as with September’s match, I will need at least three entries to designate a competing class (take two friends to the range with you, you shoot and they shoot and we magically have a new competing class).

There will be also be a distance award for whomever can ace this target at the longest distance.

Each box is worth 10 points for a total of 100 points. If you ace this target at one distance, please move it back and try it there. This is a test, after all.

Ties will be determined on the nearness of hits to the center of mass of each box.

I do not need you to send me pictures of your targets unless there is a tie.

Though I doubt it will help anyone, you may shoot this as many times as you like. I have found that repeated tries at targets of this fashion lead only to multiplied frustration. I am not responsible for any hair you rip out.

Your targets are due by midnight, November 7th, 2005.

Due to my aversion to waiting for a shooting bench this last weekend before general hunting season, I have not shot this target yet. That will be remedied this upcoming weekend and I will post my targets here next Monday the 17th for all to see (and possibly deride and laugh at), so check in for that.

Yes, I have borrowed the design and the name of my target from what I believe was a small bore silhouette target. What with Halloween coming up and all this scare talk about the eminent avian flu epidemic going around, I found it quite appropriate.

If you have any further questions about the task or the target, please feel free to email me at the address listed in the sidebar.

Thank you and good luck folks!

3 Comments:

At Monday, October 17, 2005 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Countertop said...

I can barely see some of those squares from 2 feet away :)

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

This oughta be fun! So my cute little .22 is acceptable ?

 
At Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not get the targets on the computer, could you E-Mail them to me please.
newmanski44@yahoo.com


Thanks
Semper fi
pickles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted