Sunday, July 10, 2005

Back from the range

Well, AnalogKid from Random Nuclear Strikes, KeeWee, and I had a grand day! Started out with a great breakfast (I'd never had cherry pancakes before - YUM!). We sorted out as few more of the remaining details for the Postal Match Series, and just generally had a chance to shoot the bull over a cup of coffee or so. It's kinda hard to do that at the range due to the noise!

Anyhow, after pigging out big time, it was off to the Central Whidbey Sportsman's range for some serious brass emptying, and did we ever! KeeWee and I went through the better part of a brick of 22's all by our selves. AK blasted away with both his .45 and his Ruger 22/45, also with great enthusiasm. LouG showed up (LouG is usually our rangemaster at the CWSA hanging plate matches), and sent a bunch of pins flying with his own red-dotted Ruger.

As we were packing up to head over to the shotgun pattern board to do a little more shooting, Pegi, her sister, and her mother showed up. If you've been following KeeWee and I at the pin shoots and plate shoots, Pegi is the first season shooter who is getting better and better by the week! Pegi did some demonstrating of her own pin shooting skills for Mom and Sis. I'm sure they were impressed.

I would LOVE to tell you all about AK's new shotgun, but I won't, as that's his surprise for you all. All I can say is it's "KEWL - VERY KEWL!" as AK would say. I got a chance to shoot it a couple of times too.

He will have a full post up soon about it, and I don't want to spoil the surprise!

You have probably noticed that there are no pictures. Some dummy forgot the camera.

You just can't get good help anymore........

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 11, 2005 5:46:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Don't know if I can make it to Boomershoot or not. It sure sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not much of a long distance shooter. I sorta fall apart at about 25 yards or so....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted