Thursday, May 19, 2005

Postal Match Update #1

Having gotten some good feedback from some of the shooters, I've decided to make a few rule changes. (Cuz I CAN, that's why!!)

For those of you who shoot in a somewhat more formal range situation, and where rapid fire shotgunning is seriously frowned upon, feel free to bend, modify, or completely ignore the rules as needed. (That's the Postal Match Rules, not the Range rules)

As I said before, there's special consideration for creativity, and I know for a fact that if you all are anything, it's creative!

As the scoring is done by the shooters, rather than me, and 100 is a perfect score, at least before adding in any extra credit you award yourselves, I'm expecting a lot of good scores.

It's important to remember, however, that the description you send in with your score is even more important. Maybe a paragraph or so describing the target selected, the weapon(s) used, final results, how much fun you had, the ride in the police car, the jail stay, whatever.

Do not post your results and description in the comments section. I will be setting up a special email address for you to send them to. This way I can post all the entries at one time. More info on this once I've set up the email account.

There will be prizes! Don't have them picked out yet, but I'll come up with something. More on this also later.

The final standings will be determined by votes from you, the readers. After posting all the entries, a special email address will be set up for voting. Sorta a "People's Choice" deal. Any bets we can run a cleaner voting that we did here in Washington for governor?

Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions for rule changes in the "Comments" gizmo below.

Have Fun!

4 Comments:

At Thursday, May 19, 2005 12:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cleaner voting?

I don't think so.

Not with your rules, which I have already broken (the rules permit the breaking of same).

So, I claim a 97 for my most recent professional Shotgun Qual.

so there.

PBBBBLLLLTTTTTT!

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005 1:13:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

The referee's decision is that a 3 point deduction for breaking the rule allowing you to break the rules is in order, hence the score of 97.

However, the fact that you were able to break the rule about not posting your results in the comments, even BEFORE that was one of the rules shows exceptional skills, aptitude, and perception. That's a 3 point extra credit bonus, so I'll put you down for a perfect 100!

 
At Friday, May 20, 2005 4:00:00 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Sorry I'm late, where's my shooting station? Is it down in the middle so I can cross-fire accidentally?

 
At Friday, May 20, 2005 6:26:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

DirtCrashr:

"Win if you can.
lose if you must.
but whatever you do,
cheat!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted