Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tennis, anyone?

What the heck's going on with the weather? Whatever it is, it's sure doesn't have anything to do with warming. I see that Juneau just set a record for snowfall, breaking the old record by several inches. Here it is April 19th and it's been snowing off and on all day, and we're only a couple of hundred feet above sea level.

Plans had been to fire up the excavator and get most of the digging done for my new "Tennis Court" next to the house. Unfortunately someone had left the key on when they last used it, and the battery was flat. After charging up the battery for most of the day, we discovered that the wiring was messed up and we couldn't get the starter motor to go. Turns out that the ignition switch was bad, although it had just been replaced. Fortunately it had exposed terminals and I was able to jump across two of the terminals and it fired right up. By now there was barely two hours of daylight left, and the weather was starting to go bad again. We worked until dusk ,then called it a day.

Tomorrow morning we'll get back on the project, and we should have it pretty well finished up by mid-afternoon. Unfortunately, tomorrow is also a CWSA pin shoot, and I won't be able to be there. Pin shoots re probably my favorite event, and it's a rare situation where I miss one, but the diggin's gotta happen when the digger and the digger driver are available, and that means no pin shot for me tomorrow. I've been taking a few pictures as the tennis court comes together, and I'll get them posted when I can.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance your neighbor is helping on your wiring problems?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted