Monday, April 24, 2006

Rimfire Roundup Stuff

I am happy to announce that Rimfire Roundup has now been given "Official" Carnival status, sort of, as the submission page for the Rimfire Roundup is now listed along with all of the other carnivals at Conservative Cat.com.

This provides an on line form for sending in your Roundup submissions. There is a link over on the right sidebar, up near the top, that takes you directly to the Carnival Submission page.

For those of you that have been emailing the submissions directly to me, that works fine too, and you can keep doing so. Feel free to send in your submissions with whichever way you are most comfortable.

The deadline is shown as 10pm. EST on Tuesdays, but as long as I have it by Wednesday morning early I will still have time to get the Roundup together on time.

To email your submissions directly, send them to

b l o g (at) w h i d b e y (dot) c o m

and be sure to put "Rimfire Roundup" in the title so it gets sorted into the correct mailbox.

Tomorrow night, Tuesday, is the deadline for this week's Roundup, so send 'em on in!

Thanks!

4 Comments:

At Monday, April 24, 2006 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Rivrdog said...

That does it for me, sir.

I refuse to participate in corporate Blogging. That's my personal choice, but also, I suspect, the choice of others.

If I wanted to be conformist, I would join Attorney General Robert Gonzalez' "internet purity" campaign instead of ripping him a new asshole for it.

Once again, I write for myself, because there's this part of me that wants to teach some of the lessons I learned, mostly at the School of Hard Knocks.

One of those lessons was Wave Your Own Flag. That's why I belong to no lodges and no political organizations. Too many others want me to wave THEIR flags and leave mine cased.

My bandwidth, my flag, my ideas.

No moderator required.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:20:00 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Conservative Cat is a corporate blogger?
I kind of like that site.

Riverdog - Could you explain that your choice a little better?
I don't quite get it.
The Rimfire Roundup is bad if it's at CC?

No offense, just trying to understand.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:03:00 PM, Blogger Rivrdog said...

The farthest a blogger should get from his/her individuality is the choice of a blogging company. You can't help that, you have to make a choice.

Beyond that choice, your blogging activity should reflect YOU, not some herd-instinct.

I amplified on this subject in my Rivrdog blog this morning. I use the term: "corporate-blogger" to refer to bloggers that disdain individual work, but have to throw in their lot with others for whatever reason.

A good blog, and a good compendium of information (or "carnival", but I won't use that term anymore) doesn't need any help in posting, that's what the Internet and it's various search engines are for.

If we get used to having to have an umbrella organization to point others at our work, we have lost the very reason we came to the 'net to blog in the first place.

Also, it's risky. Anyone who wants to gather information on us only has to go to these blog-agoras and there we all are, resplendent in our little columns.

The folks who read MY blogs know where to find them, and how to find them. I don't need "carnival-markets" and refuse to subscribe to them.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:40:00 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I'm sorry to hear that, RD.

I like the carnivals as it gives me a place to find things of interest (I occasionally enter the Carnival of Comedy).

I don't think it hurts my individuallity at all, and it gets me some readers (which is why, at least partly, we blog, right?).

I'm already on a gov't sh**-list I;m sure, so I guess it won't matter if I'm in a gun Carnival.

To the grabbers:

Molon Labe!!!

To the others: I hope you like what you read!

I like your site, RD. I come to Mr. C's (among others) because I AM picky about the blogging company I keep.
That's why I like your site too.

I hope you stick around, carnivals or not.

In friendship, and arms,

jimmyb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted